Wednesday, March 28, 2007

home alone

The day has come.

Super dad has taken maternity leave with me and has been home up until today. But now, he has gone back to work today, so Bella and I are home alone.
The past 4 weeks have really gone fast. Our little Isabella is one month old.
Every time I mention that to super dad he just says, "yes, and she will turn 1 year old, and 10 years old, and 50 years old. Look forward to the next 'one'"
He's right, she will always be growing and learning.

On Monday we took her for her first hike. The weather was gorgeous. UNTIL we got to the property we hike on, and I had her in the Moby wrap, HOLY HANNAH.. it got HOT! I was sweating... I had a tank top on, so at least I was sleeveless. Super dad just laughed. THANKS!!

Then Tuesday we hung around the house and took tons of "I'm One Month Old Today" pictures. Then we got Wings for dinner and rented some movies.

It was sad to say goodbye to daddy this morning, but who knows what's in store. Maybe he'll get to say goodbye to me in the mornings and he can stay home with Bella, or who knows. Hopefully, he'll be able to find a new job. Yeah, as horrible as that sounds, super dad's job is being cut... so... we're off on a new adventure. If you remember the poem written for our wedding by a super aunt, we're always looking for our path, on new adventures.

I know we'll look back and say this all happened for a reason, and something good came out of it. But being stuck in the middle of it.. right now... it's downright shitty!!!

-the mom

No comments: