Tuesday, April 03, 2007

home again, home again, jiggity jig

Super Dad was home today.
It was a great Bella day, a horrible dad and mom day.
We found out he didn't get the job he was "perfect for". That's not my quote, that's the man who called to let him know that they picked someone else despite the fact super dad was "perfect for" it. The reason? He was too honest. He told them that he was looking into multiple job opportunities in the hopes they would let him know the job status as soon as possible. That, apparently, has been a problem with previous employees, so they decided not to take a chance on super dad.
So he was home again working on sending out MORE resumes, and filling out MORE job applications.
While he was home Bella had a wonderful day. She of course slept all morning as usual and then was awake in the afternoon. She and super dad played, and laughed (well, not laughing yet, just smiling) and farted together. A great time was had by all.
Super dad keeps saying that she looks and feels so different, so much bigger so we got on the scale... sure enough... 9lb 4 ounces. She is just over a month, and was 6 lb 8 oz. at her one week checkup, so she seems to be gaining weight well! Then we measured her, born at 19 in. now she is 22 in. It sure is amazing how fast they grow.
Her gas seems to be calming down as of late, a lot less crying lately.
I was very excited the other day to find out that Bella really enjoyed side-lying to nurse. That made me exstatic to know I could lay down and relax to feed her.. but recently she has been spitting up after she eats while lying down. So... maybe I'm not as excited as I thought.
Her schedule seems to be smoothing out as well (unless its a gassy day). Then we're up in the evening working out a poop or a really good fart. We eat then go to bed from 11:00-12:00 pm to 4 or 5 am, then eat, then sleep till 8 or 9 am then eat then sleep till 12 or 1 pm then eat then awake for an hour or so then eat again, then sleep from 3-4 to 6 or 7 then eat every hour until about 11 or 12 pm. Of course this changes if she's gassy. and if you come over to visit or ask me on any day it'll be different.

well I hear her crying on daddy's lap. I fell asleep with her and asked him when we fell asleep (I can't remember) so I don't know how long it's been, but I BET SHE'S HUNGRY!!!!

-mom

No comments: