Thursday, October 12, 2006

I think I saw this in a movie once.

So all of the guys I've talked to have agreed, we couldn't ever be pregnant. No I don't mean giving birth, I won't get into the argument about whether guys could take the pain or not. But rather the being pregnant part. You see as I understand it there is a LIVING BEING INSIDE OF HER. I mean think about it, this little creature is feeding off of her, breathing what she breathes, it's even peeing inside of her. Kind of like a tapeworm really.
Maybe I've seen too many SciFi shows but the thought of someone crawling around inside of me just gives me the willies.
Anyway, this week we've officially felt the baby move and I have to say it was one of the most exciting moments I've ever experienced. No, it wasn't a jump around and scream moment. I was simply holding my hand on my wife's stomach and I felt the baby slowly turn away. More of an "Oh, wow!" that's what life is moment.
So yes, even though I've just compared my future child to an alien and a tapeworm I'm more in awe of what's going on now than I have ever been about anything before.

Next week we will be having our first Sonogram and we'll finally see if it's really a baby or that alien thing I'm worried about.


-HikerDad

No comments: