Tuesday, October 17, 2006

flutter... um.. that was no flutter

I am so sick of that word.

I am pretty sure I have asked every woman I have come in contact with who has had a child what it is supposed to feel like when you first feel the baby. Many people have used the word "flutter".

Well, bullshit!

I haven't felt a flutter yet.

What I have felt is: "Ow, that's my rib", or "Get your foot off of that" " I don't know what you are standing on, but it hurts, GET OFF!!"

Most of the time it's just a pressure thing and doesn't really hurt, but tonight apparently when the baby decided to "explore" my ribs (meaning, treating my ribs as a xylophone) super dad-2-B thought it was side-splitting hilarious. no wait, he said, amongst his wheezing laughter, you have GOT to blog this.

The other day at the store I felt something hard in the front of my belly. I put super dad-2-B's hand on it, and he quickly labels the hard spot, "that's the head."
I said, "how do you know?"
He replies, "it's round, and bigger than his butt"

I have held my hand on my belly for several minutes before trying to figure out what the bumps are, and so far, I have found.... bumps.... and other bumps..... and baby bumps....

I have read in many places that women who were heavier, as I am, feel the baby later than thin women do, I have come to accept this, and realize I probibly won't feel the famed "flutter". But, I sure am enjoying what I do feel. As super dad-2-B said before, this is one of the best feelings of my life.

No comments: