Thursday, February 01, 2007

the first shower

We had our first baby shower on Saturday, January 27.

It was a couples shower, thrown by great friends of ours. They put so much work into it! The husband friend says that he didn't do anything, so let me rephrase. Our friend did so much work on our shower it was great! Her husband on the other hand.... (just kidding) the work he did taping up some insulation was phenomenal.

We received so many wonderful things. When I returned to work on Monday people asked, "did you get a lot of this.. or that?" I could honestly answer "No." I received so many unique and thoughtful gifts, it was just perfect!

The length was good too. Our friend was the party hostess QUEEN! She made sure that we didn't dawdle between presents, and that everything ran smoothly! It sure did.

I received a few homemade things. One blanket and burp cloths from a cousin, a blanket from a friend. The most shocking one, was from my husband. He made me a quilt. He took our Scottish tartan and quilted it. I just about fell off my chair. He had spent some nights "staying after" at work, and was working on it. Isn't he great!

Oh yeah, my mom made me something too.. *tee hee* just kidding mom.
I have always told super-dad-2-B that I always wanted my baby to have a blankie that Grandma made. Thank you.

All in all it was a great party. I don't think I will ever forget it. We truly are blessed with a great group of friends and family, and I don't think this baby will ever be in want of needing to feel loved.

-the mom (oh wow, that's weird)

No comments: