Saturday, February 17, 2007

sale? baby stuff sale? huh? where?

Today I went to my first mom-2-mom sale. It was nice. Indoor garage saleing. Life is good. I spent about 35.00 that would have been about 80.00 in a store. (super dad-2-b thought about 100.00)

Super dad-2-b caught you up on our second shower with my family. I couldn't believe how many people came! I mean, the weather was HORRIBLE! such dedication I tell you. The food was good, but to put your life on the line like that! just kidding. I love my family and couldn't have been happier to see everyone! My sister and mom put on a WONDERFUL shower.
I must admit I was nervous to let mom: 'Queen of planning' and sister: 'Queen of accessorizing' work on something together. But, it turned out spectacular! (of course we still have jungle animal balloons bouncing around our living room, and parts of a jungle cookie bouquet in the kitchen, and jungle toys on the coffee table, and a jungle rug in the baby stuff room, and a blown up monkey and tiger hanging out in my bedroom, I'm not even going to mention anything about the palm tree, need I say more?)

Then on Friday Feb. 9 I had a party given by great friends at work. It was fabulous as well. I think I stayed too long though, people were starting to think my tiredness was grouchiness! I got some more wonderful gifts. Some that even super dad-2-b got excited about! (this was the only shower that super dad-2-b didn't go to, so I got to have fun showing him all the cool stuff when I got home!)

Tuesday Feb. 13 was my last shower. This one was given by all the staff at the school I work at. It was a dual shower with another lady from work who is due 2 days before I am. Both of our husbands came, but mind you, they only came because the other husband did.
Again, got some really cute things. The staff collected money so I could go online and ORDER THE CO-SLEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! It arrives on Tuesday!

So, I think I am almost ready! well, not me, ready, getting the things I need ready. The car seat is set in super dad-2-b's car, (not properly installed yet, but we're waiting for a call back from the state trooper who is "PROPERLY TRAINED" to install it) The room is ready for the co-sleeper. The hospital bag is packed, baby clothes are being washed as we speak!

Now I just have to accept the fact that this is real, and soon we'll be responsible for a little bundle that makes poo. (you do know that is their only superpower until it changes to a new superpower, SCREAMING!)

OH, I am so tired lately too! I just can't keep my eyes open. time to go nap.

No comments: