Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Supposed to"

Well, right now I am "supposed to" be putting towels away. Bella is sleeping and Super Dad is doing dishes. I already have todays dirty diapers on its first rinse. The milk I pumped today is in the fridge. The freezer packs are back in the freezer to keep the "liquid gold" cool tomorrow. The dirty spoon is in the sink to be washed for Bella to use tomorrow at lunch. She has food in her bag for lunch tomorrow. (sweet potatoes and Apples) She has 2 extra outfits in her diaper bag for accidents.

I also took out the trash, recycling, cleaned the floor around the trash can, cleaned out the trash can, and put a lasagna in the oven for dinner.

Things just don't slow down enough for me to write. I know I am "supposed to" write, I know I "should" write, it just doesn't happen.

So I write when I can.

hmm... sounds like I'm trying to appease my own guilt, huh?...

6 months. 6 months. one more time, 6 months ago I delivered a teeny little girl, a little wrinkly, purple, red haired, blue eyed sweetheart. Now, shes a army-crawling, 2-toothed, always hungry, trying-to-sign I love you, wearing 9 month clothing, eating solid food, almost toddler.

Super dad and I just turn and look at each other and ask.. "What did we do to deserve this?", "How did we get so lucky?"

I swear sometimes she says mama, when shes crying and mumbling at the same time, her lips come together and forms the "m" sound, it sounds just like it.

well, I'm "supposed to" be putting towels away right now.

I can't believe how much I love her, her little hands, how they grab mine while she nurses, the fingers that gently stroke my face while she eats. Her little feet that resemble a chimp in so many ways, grabbing at items she excitedly explores. She lays on her back and tosses the item onto her belly, and then all four limbs kick, toss, and grab at it.
I love her eyes, ever learning, ever looking for thinks to absorb, to explore. Then when tired, trusting, loving, and pure. I think her early morning eyes are my favorite. The moments between dreamland slumber and wakefulness, she opens them, looks around for our faces, and when she makes eye contact, they calm, then burst open with joy as to say, "I waited all night just to see you".

hmm. I'm "supposed to" be putting towels away........

No comments: