Tuesday, November 28, 2006

relax and read

Well,
I was supposed to come to bed to relax and read. Yeah, um.. no

I have definately been feeling some contractions tonight and it's not so bad. Kinda freakin me out though. I thought coming upstairs and relaxing would help me with this, but nope, things just kept rackin my brain. So here I am.

Like I said before the contractions are definately just Braxton-Hicks practice contractions. Last Wednesday at our midwife appointment she said it's perfectly normal to have your uterus contract and release for "practice". "It's a good thing," she says.

So to update these past weeks. (And for my sanity) what has been happening you ask?
Middle of October: started feeling "baby/fart" (where you don't know the difference if it's the baby moving or a gas bubble)
Week 20-21 was October 18th to October 25th: I started feeling the baby at about the same time that super-dad-2-b could feel baby too. There wasn't much of a time difference. It was pretty cool it happened at about the same time.
End of October and Beginning of November: KNEW the difference between baby/fart
Middle of November: "my husbands child" kicking the heck out of my intestines
End of November: "my husbands child" playing "lets see how far I can bend OUT mommy's ribs with my head"
December 1st or so I laid in bed and put my belly against super-dad-2-b's back, and he could feel the baby. IT WAS SO COOL!

Every Thursday is our baby class. It's WONDERFUL!!! That's what I was coming upstairs to read was our required reading for class. "The Bradley Method of Childbirth-Husband Coached Childbirth" It's great. I feel so much better because it explains everything. Specifically, the why's and how's (insert appropriate joke here) that I'm incessantly asking super-dad-2-b.

Thanksgiving was torture. I ate way too much of course.

My rocking chair is in. Now where in the hell do I put it! :)

Dug out some of my neice's baby clothes, washed them. Now where in the hell do I put them?! :)

Have to go register for more baby stuff THAT I WON'T KNOW WHERE IN THE HELL TO PUT EITHER!!!!!!

sorry,
momentary lapse of sanity.

Cute story:
Every night we have been playing classical music to the baby. And he/she/it/whatever moves quite a bit when the music is on, then settles down after I turn it off. So then, one night I turn off the music and super-dad-2-be does my favorite thing and puts his hand on my belly (which ALWAYS makes the baby move around) and gets the baby all riled up. I looked at him and said "okay, now look what you've done"
So, he then started talking to the baby, and the kid STOPS moving. I couldn't believe it. One second, flipping around like crazy, the next, he's actually listening to his father! :)

enough ramblings...

gotta go eat dinner

No comments: